SPOOLCAD has all the functionality of PROCAD’s ISOMETRIC software. It also includes additional features plus the Shop Settings Manager application. SPOOLCAD was developed in close consultation with major pipe fabrication shops to improve spool drafting productivity and streamline work processes.
Your priority is to create accurate and detailed piping spool drawings for plant construction. SPOOLCAD can help you achieve this quickly and at lowered costs.
- Faster project start-up with a user-friendly interface and first-class customer support
- Easily create 2D piping isometric drawings with minimal CAD or drafting skills
- Reduce errors with spec-driven functionality and by eliminating the need to manually edit isometric drawings
- Save and share drawings in the industry standard AutoCAD® DWG™ file format
- Reduce costs with a comprehensive set of applications that includes AutoCAD®
- Compatible with PROCAD ISOMETRIC and PROCAD ISOMETRIC+
- Built on PROCAD’s best-in-class isometric drafting software
How Can SPOOLCAD Work for You?
SPOOLCAD enables the creation of piping isometric drawings and detailed shop fabrication spool drawings for process plant drafting and construction. Users include…
Send spool drawings with confidence to your shop floor and get accurate spools built for your customers.
SPOOLCAD facilitates Owner-Operators to create their spool drawings with exact design standards. When transmitted to pipe fabricators, these fabrication-ready spool drawings safeguard accuracy and expedite construction.
As an independent welder, you need to keep your costs down while delivering successfully on projects to clients. PROCAD’s affordable stand alone licensing plus first-class support keeps you competitive and performing at your best.
Engineering Contractor (EPC)
Efficiently manage and track progress of the drafting and construction of piping systems with minimal cost and minimal errors from projects ranging in size, users and complexity.
SPOOLCAD is is powered by AutoCAD®, the most popular CAD software. It generates files in DWG format for maximum portability of design data.
PROCAD SPOOLCAD can be acquired as an add-on to your existing AutoCAD 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 & 2013 platforms.
If you don’t have AutoCAD, choose PROCAD SPOOLCAD which includes a built-in CAD platform as a complete and cost-effective design solution.
Whether you have AutoCAD or not, PROCAD has your design and drafting needs covered.
Accelerate deployment, training, and management of SPOOLCAD with a robust set of services and resources that meet your level of need.
- Network or standalone licensing
- Simplified installation and provisioning to scale from single to multiple networked licenses
- One-time license fee that includes unlimited number of spool drawings without extra refilling charge
- Free assistance during installation and deployment
- Complete support services include training, consulting, technical support and ongoing software updates
- On-demand tutorials
- Express installation auto-configures software within minutes
- In-product wizard guides set-up and help
- Custom training onsite and via web conference
- Easily convert trial licenses to full product licenses at any point during or after the trial period with FlexNet licensing technology
- Perpetual licenses with easy upgrade option to newer software versions
Achieve accurate and detailed 2D pipe fabrication isometric drawings with SPOOLCAD. Improve fabrication shop efficiency and reduce costly errors with a fully customizable and intelligent spec driven software.
- Built on PROCAD’s best-in-class isometric drafting software
- AutoCAD® included in SPOOLCAD+
- Generates material reports automatically
- Spec driven pipe drafting for accuracy
- Comes with industry standard border drawing sizes or custom sizes; easily replace with project border drawings
- Import piping data from PROCAD ISOMETRIC and PROCAD ISOMETRIC+
- Automatic background compliance checks alert users when straying from established piping drafting parameters
- Automated dimensioning in multiple isometric planes with sub-dimension feature for small fitting outlets like Thredolets®
- Automatic BOM generation with pipe cut lengths and individual fittings to accommodate heat number variance
- Create BOM output files in multiple formats: drawing (DWG), Excel (CSV or XLSX), Web (HTML) and text files
- Welds are placed automatically. After you generate a Weld List, you can tag each weld individually.
- Weld tag balloons contains weld number, welder ID and X-Ray designation
- List fitting heat numbers in the drawing either individually or as a group of similar fittings
- Edit piping specifications with Spec Generator; includes generic carbon steel specs to get you started right away
- Maintain drafting integrity with Standards Manager to customize each project with its own setup for approved pipe specs, drawing appearance, weld gaps, borders, layers and file locations
Work efficiently together across global teams.
- Multiple users can access the files within a project
- Share BOM, weld lists in multiple formats: drawing (DWG), Excel (CSV or XLSX) Web (HTML), and text files
SPOOLCAD Supporting Modules
SPOOLCAD comes with all the applications you need to form a complete pipe fabrication isometric solution.
Control drafting project standards by easily establishing customized standards to ensure that drawings are consistent from start to finish.
- English or Metric or mixed English/Metric units
- Piping specs allowed on the project
- Project specific settings such as weld gaps
- Scaling factors for symbols
- Layering and color schemes
- Border drawings to be used
- Dimension variables
Create your own pipe specs from SPOOLCAD’s vast database of components in a variety of ratings and material.
- Database includes pipe ratings from 150 to 2500 lb and pipe sizes ranging from 1/8” to 80” (3mm to 2000mm)
- Includes generic carbon steel ANSI pipe specs for 150, 300, 600 and 900 lb ratings
- Generate new pipe specs
- Organize and edit existing specs
- Add new material and other options to the source database
Shop Settings Manager
Define project fabrication settings to conform with customer standards.
- Choice of when to apply weld gaps in dimensions
- Weld gaps defined by individual pipe sizes
- Weld tagging choice; alphabetical or numeric
- Weld ID tag style options
- User-defined weld table
- User-defined weld count table
- Pipe End Prep tags
- Component weights table
BOM Settings Manager
Customize material reports to suit your exact needs. Easily create any number of report templates to extract material information to accommodate your project’s schedule, the material availability and delivery timetables.
- Determine the components to be included in report
- Set sorting sequence
- Define BOM item numbering format
- Decide on the appearance of the report by choosing font type, size, grouping headers, etc.
- Define CAD options when BOM is to be placed in a drawing
- Ability to preview reports in case adjustments are necessary
Manage each project’s material reports with confidence and easily transfer material requirements to the procurement or accounting departments. Accurate material reporting ensures material is ordered in time and it is correctly charged to customer’s project. Generate material reports for the entire project, a single or a group of spools (or drawings) or report by line number(s). The BOM Generator creates material reports in any of these formats:
- Insert BOM into current drawing or a newly created drawing dedicated to displaying the BOM only
- Excel format (CSV or XLSX)
- Web format (HTML)
- External text file
As a pipe fabricator, you can accelerate project bidding process with PROCAD’s Advantage BOM. This software compiles project material data and generates global bills of material (BOMs) from customer supplied PCF or IDF files.
With this critical information on hand, your estimators can create accurate pipe material budgets for the bid package to help win more contracts.
Note: Advantage BOM is an extra cost option to SPOOLCAD.
SPOOLCAD System Requirements
SPOOLCAD and SPOOLCAD+ products can effectively run on workstation or network environments for servers.
- Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7
- CPU Type: Intel® Pentium® or AMD Athlon® processors
- Memory: 2 GB of RAM recommended
- Hard Drive: 4 GB of hard disk space for the program
- 1024×768 minimum screen resolution
- SPOOLCAD requires AutoCAD 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 or 2013
- SPOOLCAD+ comes with included CAD engine
License Server (Network Installations Only)
- Operating System: Windows 10, 8 or 7, Windows Server 2012, 2008 or 2003
Recommended Graphics Cards
For optimal performance, it is strongly recommended that you check to see if your computer’s graphics card is on Autodesk’s list of certified and supported graphics cards. Non-supported cards may result in poor performance and possible software crashes. Check out Autodesk’s graphics card evaluator.