Reduce your design and documentation time for creating intelligent Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) schematics.
- Symbol Libraries
Extensive industry-standard symbols and customized symbols for valves, instruments, instrument lines, instrument balloons and instrument equipment.
- Line Types and Piping Specs
Define line types for primary (process) and secondary (utility) lines to be distinguished by color and/or line thickness. Piping specs support pipe sizes from 1/8” to 80” (3mm to 2000mm).
Draw vessels, exchangers, tanks, flare stacks, pumps, compressors, exchangers, re-boilers and more. Intelligently breaks long instrument balloon edges to ensure your instrument numbers do not bleed into the instrument blocks for clarity.
- BOM for Valves
You can easily generate valve BOMs for a single drawing, a specific line number, or for the complete project. Get a head-start on ordering valves, especially the ones with long delivery schedules.
- Instrument, Equipment and Line List
Create global lists for project instruments, equipment or line numbers. You can insert lists in the drawing or export them in multiple file formats.
- Global Changes
Make global changes to valve and instrument attribute data to reduce edit time and ensure data accuracy.
- Symbol Libraries
PROCAD P&ID Features
PROCAD P&ID is powered by AutoCAD®, the most popular CAD software. It generates files in DWG format for maximum portability of design data.
PROCAD P&ID can be acquired as an add-on to your existing AutoCAD 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 & 2013 platforms.
If you don’t have AutoCAD, choose PROCAD P&ID+ which includes a built-in CAD platform as a complete and cost-effective design solution.
Whether you have AutoCAD or not, PROCAD has your design and drafting needs covered.
Accelerate training, deployment and management of PROCAD P&ID with a robust set of services and resources that meet your level of need.
- Simplified installation process to configure standalone or network setups
- Free assistance during installation and deployment
- Custom training onsite and via web conference
- On-demand tutorials
Improve plant design efficiency and reduce costly errors with a fully customizable and intelligent rules-based software.
- Project settings restrict usage to approved piping specs
- Automatic background compliance checks alert users when straying from established piping design parameters
- Standard libraries are thoroughly checked to ensure accurate component data for piping and structural steel
- BOM Settings Manager – create BOMs in multiple formats: drawing (DWG), Excel (CSV or XLSX), web (HTML), and text files. Generate material reports for the entire project, a single or a group of 2D drawing or report by line number(s)
- Spec Generator – edit piping specifications and component data files
- Standards Manager – set project parameters to conform to company/client standards
The scalable multi-user working environment allows projects of all sizes, from single users to large global teams, and ensure uniformity across disciplines.
- Any number of engineers and designers can work concurrently on a project
- Achieve consistent and uniform project drawings by using the same standards and specs
- Customize each project settings
- Copy existing project settings and drawings for re-use in new projects
- Assign where the project drawing will be stored
- Restrict use of project piping specs to approved specs
- Share drawings with clients or suppliers in the standard DWG format
- Standards and specs are portable with the Export/Import feature to sync data between users
- Global BOMs can be shared with procurement in Excel file format
PROCAD P&ID Included Modules
PROCAD P&ID comes with all the supporting modules you need to form a complete 2D plant design solution.
Control drafting and design standards by easily establishing customized standards to ensure that drawings are flawless and consistent from start to finish.
- English or Metric or mixed English/Metric units
- Layering and color schemes
- Border drawings to be used
- Piping specs allowed on the project
- Scaling factors for symbols
- Dimension variables
Create your own pipe specs from PROCAD 2D’s vast database of components in a variety of ratings and material.
- Database includes pipe ratings from 150 to 2500 lb and pipe sizes ranging from 1/8” to 80” (3mm to 2000mm)
- Includes generic carbon steel ANSI pipe specs for 150, 300, 600 and 900 lb ratings
- Generate new pipe specs
- Organize and edit existing specs
- Add new material and other options to the source database
BOM Settings Manager
Customize material reports to suit your exact needs. Easily create any number of report templates to extract material information to accommodate your project’s schedule, the material availability and delivery timetables.
- Determine the components to be included in report
- Set sorting sequence
- Define BOM item numbering format
- Decide on the appearance of the report by choosing font type, size, grouping headers, etc.
- Define CAD options when BOM is to be placed in a drawing
- Ability to preview reports in case adjustments are necessary
Manage each project’s material reports with confidence and easily transfer material requirements to the procurement department for ordering. Accurate and timely material reporting reduces waste and ensures material is ordered in time for a successful project. Generate material reports for a single, a group of drawings, the entire project, or even by line number. The BOM Generator creates material reports in any of these formats:
- Insert BOM into current drawing or a newly created drawing dedicated to displaying the BOM only
- Excel format (CSV or XLSX)
- Web format (HTML)
- External text file
PROCAD System Requirements
PROCAD and PROCAD+ products can effectively run on workstation or network environments for servers.
- Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7
- CPU Type: Intel® Pentium® or AMD Athlon® processors
- Memory: 2 GB of RAM recommended
- Hard Drive: 4 GB of hard disk space for the program
- 1024×768 minimum screen resolution
- P&ID requires AutoCAD 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 or 2013
- P&ID+ comes with included built-in AutoCAD OEM 2019
License Server (Network Installations Only)
- Operating System: Windows 10, 8 or 7, Windows Server 2012, 2008 or 2003
Recommended Graphics Cards
For optimal performance, it is strongly recommended that you check to see if your computer’s graphics card is on Autodesk’s list of certified and supported graphics cards. Non-supported cards may result in poor performance and possible software crashes. Check out Autodesk’s graphics card evaluator.